Saturday, May 28, 2011

Wine Limericks!

Inspired by my a friend of mine who is writing wine Haiku, I started having fun with wine Limericks! Here are a few which I came up with rather hastily. Try for yourself. If you aren't familiar, Limericks have an 8,8,5,5,8 pentameter and you have to rhyme the 1st, 2nd, and 5th lines, as well as the 2nd and 3rd.

Syrah is my favorite grape. It makes my mind go agape. So round and so sweet. It goes well with meat. I dont mind that it smells like an ape.

Merlot is these days under-rated, and even un-sophisticated, but if you ask Paul, whose "Sideways" had gall, he'd say he's still intoxicated!

A great Pinot sits in my hand. It tastes like the fruit and the land. Red fruits and dry earth, it's value is worth ostensibly one hundred grand!

A grape you should try is Malbec, it tastes very rich what the heck, it doesn't cost much, few dollars and such, so it won't put a dent in your check!
Send me yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment